The number of people undergoing cosmetic surgery has risen sharply in recent years, despite the fact that most popular cosmetic procedures carry inherent risk. Complications can arise from any surgical procedure, even seemingly straightforward ones.
The risks include:
- Complications related to anaesthetics, including pneumonia and blood clots
- Scarring or skin breakdown
- Fluid build up under the skin
- Mild bleeding
- Severe bleeding which may require a blood transfusion
- Permanent numbness and tingling from nerve damage
Our team can help you obtain compensation for cosmetic surgery that has gone wrong because of medical negligence. We must firstly show that the care provided to you fell below the standard of a reasonably competent medical professional and secondly establish that it was the treatment that caused the damage, which would not have otherwise occurred.
As well as recovering compensation for the pain and suffering that you have experienced our cosmetic surgery solicitors will also pursue a claim for your financial losses, including the cost of any private revision operation that may have been necessary to rectify the problem.